Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Decisions, Decisions.......

I need help!
Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine I would need to purchase a DOUBLE STROLLER. But, with baby #2 on the way and 2 1/2 year-old Olive clinging to my side, I'll admit it. I need one.

I have casually looked on-line, but the majority of my research has been at the ultimate, stroller durability testing site on the west coast: Disneyland.

I will see something I like and simply ask the person,"Do you like your stroller?" The results of my field study have so far been productive. I know what my needs are:

* A good amount of storage
* Something that doesn't weigh more than me
* One that is reasonably priced. (I'm not talking "Blue Light Special", but on the other hand, I don't want to have to cash out my Trader Joe's retirement fund to foot the bill.)
* Very durable and safe.

What I am asking of you, my fellow bloggers and mothers, is to help me out. I need both positive and negative feedback on what kind of stroller you have, wish you had, or are happy you do not have. I would be forever grateful.

The following are some practical strollers I have looked into:

The Combi Double Stroller:


The Graco Duo Glider:


The Baby Planet Unity Sport Twin:


Now, this is where I really get confused.

Do I really want a practical stroller or do I want to "WOW" my friends and neighbors and be the first one on my block with this baby:


Or this stroller with it's special circus unicycle attachment that if purchased now, would be very handy. Olive could sit in the stroller part, I could sit on the circus apparatus and Rob could push us! Oh, shopping and Disneyland would be such a breeze!


Which brings me to my next question.
I am almost six months pregnant and "carrying very low", to quote my doctor. Walking around for long periods of time, like 5 minutes, is really taking its toll on my ever expanding body. I think it would be wise for me to invest in a little "assistance" to make life a bit easier and more comfortable. So, once again , I need your opinion.

Which Jazzy Scooter should I buy?

The smooth and sleek model:


Or, the Original Jazzy:

Thank you, in advance, for all of your time and crucial opinions.

9 comments:

zuniga family said...

i wish i could help you but I a still withone child. However, my mom has a motorized scooter! I am sure she would let you borrow it!

kelly said...

I must say, being "forced" into the double stroller situation myself, I liked the front/back kind myself. No matter what, all doubles are awkward and big, but I found that it was much easier to fit into places and around people (just be careful not to gouge someone's heels in front of you :)).
I had the Graco duo glider (they've come a long way in the 6 years since I bought mine. I liked the way it folded although it was kind of heavy and after a while, the wheels became very squeaky and "loud" from the weight as the boys grew. It also didn't have a cup holder, but that was a long time ago, i"m sure they do now.

I know with all your great research, you will find a great stroller! I heard that the sit/stand combos are great too.

Good Luck!!

sheena said...

I highly recommend the motorized scooter for yourself. And also the large bathtubs with the doors that swing open and have benches.

you'll be set.

DAD said...

I like the duo glider, it looks like it would be easier to use in stores or Disneyland plus lots of storage space. Now because I like it does this mean I have to buy it. The motorized scooter I think I can get it though medicare...

Hess Fam said...

You know my m-i-l has a Jazzy so you could call her any time for tips on that one! However, I love my combi and I think it seems to be a great double. I have told you that I don't love the amount of storage (but it would have double what I have now) and it's a litte low so you have to lean over. Great for 2 short people like the Hess' but Rob might hate it?! Good luck!

Cherri Regnier said...

You are too funny. I'm not sure if you are joking when it comes to jumping on the scooter. I seriously had NO SHAME my last pregnancy and EVERY TIME I went to Target or the grocery I used theirs and got all sorts of dirty looks. It took some practice and it beeps REALLY LOUD in reverse but I loved it.

But if you were kidding then maybe I never really did that. Unless you saw me...then I did do that...but just as a joke .

Sarah Hull said...

Do you think that those scooters also have some sort of double scooter design, so then we can get on one together? Maybe they have a scooter like those old motercyles where one person sits in that little cart on the side. oh the looks we would get at Disneyland!
Cherri is pretty much killing me right now with her comment. I am always SO tempted to jump on one of those at VONS and I even asked the check out guy if they see many pregnant ladies on them and he made me feel good (he was probably just trying to be nice and making it up) but he said "oh, there are alot of pregnant woman that use those".... ya right.

Mamasita said...

I feel like you need to have purple ankles, REALLY crusty heels, and one long black hair peeking out from under your chin to own one of those scooters.


Now that I think about it you just might qualify. In a few more weeks your Shrek foot will be here and if you lay of the "personal touch" for awhile you are certain to have that hair but that man at swan nails takes pretty good care of your heels.... so 2 out of 3 ...Jazzy it is!

Marie said...

I have the instep double jogger, but I wish I had the one with the swivel wheel.