Wednesday, November 14, 2007

100 Things About Me

I saw this on Vicki's blog a while back and thought it was something I would eventually like to do. Well, the time has come.

1. I am impulsive
2. I am LOUD
3. My favorite colors are orange, red, hot pink and yellow. Anything vibrant.
4. I prefer cats to dogs.
5. I CANNOT live without Carmex. I must have it with me at all times.

6. I have touched a Hammerhead Shark
7. I love to cook and bake and create my own recipes.
8. I enjoy math.
9. I splurge on dresses and coats.
10. My sister is my best friend. My mom is a close second.
11. My grandmother's death was the hardest thing I have ever endured. I still miss her terribly.
12. I don't have any credit cards. (My choice, not the bank's or my husband's.)
13. My husband is 10 years older than me.
14. I am intimidated by horses.

15. I do not like horror movies.
16. I will not kill bugs. Too gross.
17. My hands and feet are always cold.
18. I have been coloring my hair since I was 10.
19. Saliva freaks me out.
20. I love the smell of sulfur.
21. I am generally a happy, up-beat person.
22. I cannot hold a grudge.
23. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 23.
24. I must have my house clean and smelling nice at all times.
25. I could watch the Food Network all day.
26. I love to laugh and make others laugh.
27. I am uncomfortable with my weight.
28. I strongly dislike bananas.
29. I had Olive at the same hospital where I was born.
30. I tan well.
31. There are two songs that reduce me to tears EVERY TIME I hear them: The theme song to Disneyland's "Main Street
Electrical Light Parade" and the"Star Spangled Banner".

32. I have never broken a bone.
33. I know when I am wrong.
34. I love to garden: planting, watering, weeding- it's very therapeutic for me.
35. I always think I have bad breath.
36. I crave candy and sweets. They are crucial to my survival yet, are my downfall.
36. I wish I was a better golfer.
37 & 38. I have my AA from Orange Coast College but not my BA. I do have a strong desire to finish college soon.
39. I wish I was pregnant.
40. I have been to England, Whales, and Ireland.

41. I belong to a wild BUNCO group.
42. Disneyland is a very special place for me. I could go everyday.
43 and 44. I am not comfortable flying but do it occasionally because I enjoy traveling.
45. I love dresses with pockets (see #5).
46. "Is it sexy in here, or is it just me?" I love cheesy jokes and phrases.
47. I enjoy reading.
48. I love being Catholic. My faith is very important to me.
49. My daughter's laughter is my favorite sound.
50. I am a homebody.
51. My least favorite chore is washing dishes.
52. I love taking pictures.
53. Pizza with a caesar salad and a cold, Barq's root beer is my favorite meal.
54. I have 34 shirts and sweaters hanging in my closet. 19 are striped.
55. Rob and I once won a gold fish at the Orange County Fair. He lived for 4 1/2 years.
56. I played softball for 13 years.
57. I love the ocean. I will never move away from it.

58. I lack confidence in my writing skills.
59. I have no living grandparents.
60. My first real kiss was at 17.
61. I do not know how to type.
62. I love my nephews as if they were my own children.

63. I love playing board games.
64. I have a heart condition. I was diagnosed with it when I was 13.
65. I wear my heart on my sleeve.
66. I like having my way.
67. I am not afraid to speak my mind.
68. I love being a mother and a wife.
69 and 70. I have worked for Trader Joe's for almost 7 years. It's the longest job I've ever held.
71. I love to sing and dance, especially with Rob and Olive.
72. My favorite month is October.
73. I like my middle name- Alexa.
74. My marriage to Rob is my second marriage.
75. I am a morning person.
76. I treat myself regularly to manicures and pedicures.
77. I love my freckles.
78. I am constantly thinking about my next blog entry. It's been a great outlet for me.
79. I love making crafts.
80. I am not mechanically inclined.
81. I am addicted to a soap opera- Days of Our Lives.
82. I'm not a big fan of spicy foods.
83. I like watching sports.
84. I love Christmas lights.
85. I once paid $120 for a cab ride.
86. I will not go to bed with any windows open in the house.
87. I have had braces. Twice.
88. I am patient.
89. I love the rain.
90. My favorite flower is the Ranunculus.

91. I got my first surfboard for my 10th birthday.
92. Rob and I were engaged on the Golden Gate Bridge.

93. Clorox Clean-Up is my favorite cleaning product.
94. I love candles.
95. I have a tendency to judge myself harshly.
96. 85% of my (measly) paychecks are spent at Target and Trader Joe's.
97. I love slurpees. Cherry Snow is my favorite.
98. I have traveled all over the country on a tour bus.
99. I love that my daughter and I share the same distinct eye color- blue with a yellow ring around our pupils.
100. My favorite shows are Ghost Hunters and The Office.

7 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

I loved learning more things about you. It was so fun. Posts like this are so fun for me to read!
Funny that you don't like horror movies, but you love haunting shows.
I'll come kill bugs if you'll come teach my kids how to "enjoy math".
Glad to hear that you love the smell of sulfur.... I just bought a new sulfur flavored candle for tomorrows luncheon!!!

Cherri Regnier said...

I really really enjoyed this post. If I did one like this everyone would find out how crazy I am. Here are some comments/questions for you.

8 - Me too!
12 - Very admirable.
19 - What the ?
39 - Ahhh, me too.
62 - They are your own newphews. oh, oh, I get it.
81 - My fav also.
90 - You really just made me google Ranunculus...you couldn't just insert a nice little photo.

zuniga family said...

It cracks me up that you are addicted to Days of our lives. I would have never guessed that about you! Shawna, you are the best. We need to hang out again!

kelly said...

I love getting to know you that much more! What fun little facts about you. What a great woman you are!

sheena said...

I love this! I love learning more about the always interesting life of Shawna. I love that you like the smell of sulpher.....odd...but I like the smell of skunk...so I guess it's ok.

I love that it always comes back to Olive and how much you adore being a mom!

I love that there is someone else out there who is as obsessed with Target as I am.

Wow I'm really filled with love after reading this!

melissa ellen parker said...

I just came across your blog through Sheena's - I LOVE IT! I love this post.

I think I might just borrow your idea :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dad said...

Only MY daughter would photograph poop (something I would do or have been blamed for doing) and post it on her blog. What happened to sewer gas?

There are a lot of things I would like to do over, but there are two things I would never change and they are Shawna and Kasey. Love Dad