Monday, November 24, 2008

YARD SALE!!!

This weekend we had a yard sale. Here's a brief summary of how it went:

* Time the alarm was set to wake up and prepare for the sale: 6am

* Time we actually got out of bed: 7am

* Time the first items were placed on the lawn: 8am

* Number of bags of clothing brought out to sell: 10

* Number of bags thrown back in the garage after sale was over: 2

* Number of times our wonderful, spanish-speaking customers requested the price of an item in their native tongue from Rob: 6

* Number of times my Latino husband answered in English because he, " No hablo espanol" : 6

* Number of times Olive started a sentence with, "HEY! That's my ....." as someone hauled it off to their car: 50

* Number of times I was asked "How old is your son?", referring to Maggie, who was dressed head-to-toe in pink: 4

* Number of times Rob and I agreed on the pricing of an item: 0

* Number of hours the yard sale lasted: 5

* Number of hours I actually worked : 0.5

* Number of dollars made: 211

* Number of times we will do this again due to our now tidy garage: 1,000,000

6 comments:

Hess Fam said...

I sure love that story. Except for the part where you forgot to invite me to your yard sale. I'm sure I would have taken that $211 to at LEAST $215!

Sarah Hull said...

Amen. I would have loved your junk!
The non-spanish speaking hispanic husband is cracking me up right now!

Amy said...

STOP IT!!! YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!

zuniga family said...

I love what Olive wants for Christmas! The turtle to take a bath with! My in-laws bought Salvador one for Christmas! Super cute but really dirty. Luckily, I don't have to touch her. Olive can come over anytime and play with her. Better yet, I will bring her over for bathtime and Olive can fulfill her Christmas wish list!

Kaylynn said...

How funny - I can't handle that your hubby doesn't speak spanish and mine does. What's wrong with that? I'm still laughing. Have a great thanksgiving (and I was talking to Kasey last night - why why why didn't you go see spazmatic when you were here? - I should have called and invited you.) Next time right?

Braden and Jodee said...

Oh again with the oh so fun posts. I could talk all day about people calling little girls boys. Kills me.