Thursday, June 18, 2009

Who Doesn't Love A Fun Trip To Urgent Care?

Yesterday, little Maggers took a nose dive onto our "box of books", resulting in a severed frenulum.(5 points if you know what that is.)

Ouch.

Lots of tears and LOTS of blood.

Gross.

Highlights from the trip:

*Being seen by a 99 year old "doctor". (I am being very conservative with his age.)

* "Doctor" entered our room, checked Maggers chart, then asked, "So, what happened to Rocco?" Then proceeded with, "He's a big little guy."

*Convincing him that "Rocco" was Maggie and that "he" is in fact a she, to which he replied in a puzzled tone, "Really?"

* Explaining that her "tan" is her God given coloring, to which he replied, "Really?"

* Having to explain her tubes in her ears. "Doctor" was surprised to see them and VERY interested in the reasoning as to why I decided to put my nine month old through surgery.

* Sitting through a lecture about the importance of baby proofing ones home.

* Stumping "Doctor" with my "how do you baby proof books?" question at the end of his rant, I mean, lecture.

* "Doctor" telling me that there is nothing to do but "cross my fingers" that her frenulum will attach itself to her upper gum over time.

* Attempting to hide my look of shock while listening to his care instructions of "no suckers, orange juice, or fried foods for the next 72 hours".

* Attempting to hold back my urge to fire back, "She's 11 months old for goodness sake! Suckers? Orange juice? French fries? SERIOUSLY???"

* Waiting for a good twenty five minutes after his departure from our room because the pleasant and helpful nursing staff refused to let us leave due to fact that the "doctor" had yet to release us and would do so when he was done "helping" his next victim, I mean, patient.

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Well what do the points get me because I know what a frenulem is. I think nixons is too tight and may need a clipping, maybe he should've fallen in the books so I could get it done for free!! Love all your fond memories at the urgent care

zuniga family said...

Poor Rocco! I hope he is doing better.
Mallory, Julie's little one, frenulum is attached to her teeth, hence her gap. The dentist told her that if she falls hard enough, it will just break, which is easier than if they have to clip it. Gross!
Now stop blogging and go baby proof your house!
What a lame doctor! Maybe he should think about retiring!

Sarah Hull said...

Oh man, did you have to dump out your fresh squeezed orange juice bottle and bag of French fries you had stashed in your purse? such a waste!

So sorry her frenulum had to be severed on the day that happened to be staffed by leisure world.

DAD said...

His name wasn’t Keniffer was it, because he use to be my family doctor until he died ( at least that is what he told my mom why he could not see us anymore) maybe he just moved to urgent care for better hour...

sheena said...

rocco!! what??! I'm so sorry for poor Maggie.....but I was laughing so hard at your story!! fried food!! baby proofing books! I love it all....

hope she is doing better!

Marie said...

I severed my frenulum on a homemade teeter toter and it grew back just fine.Yep, I just checked and it's still there. I just lOVE old doctors.