Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dear Dad,

Thank you so much for watching the girls last night while Rob and I enjoyed each others company over dinner. It was wonderful to be able to have a much needed date night with the security of knowing the girls were in good hands with their beloved grandpa. And, what a delight returning home to happy, clean, and pajama clad girls, wrapped comfortably in your arms. It made bedtime a breeze. We simply tucked them in, kissed them goodnight, and within minutes they both peacefully slipped into dreamland. It was fantastic!

But, that was just the beginning.

Thanks to you, Maggie COMPLETELY slept through the night! Rob woke HER up this morning before he left for work around 7 am.

Miraculous!

It's the best way to describe it.

As I began Maggie's morning routine, this time well rested and fully functioning, I thought to myself, how did he do it? What did he do to make her sleep? I have tried endlessly to no avail to get this little gal to sleep for more than three hours at a time. What was your secret?

Then as I carefully opened her heart pajamas to change her, your secret was revealed...





A backwards diaper!

I was certain I had tried everything under the sun to get this girl sleeping. But, something as simple as putting her diaper on backwards never crossed my mind.

They say, "Father knows best". By golly, do you ever. I am forever grateful for you and your parenting wisdom.

Love,
Shawna

3 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

Oh I will be laughing all day. Thank you! Genius indeed.

Mamasita said...

That is pretty hard to do. Very impressive.
Let's just hope he didn't have her face down while he was doing it.

Kaylynn said...

I am dying right now. I love that your dad will even attempt to change a diaper - I think my dad would have just put my children to bed in the same diaper they had on. That is so great. I'm also impressed it stayed on all night! Way to go DAD!