Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today is a Sad, Sad Day

Someone flagged my blog.

It's true.

I've been flagged for inappropriate or objectionable content.

I'm shocked.

I have always thought that I have a good sense of what is appropriate and what is not. I am always careful to choose my words and images wisely as to not offend or upset any one of my six readers.

However, according to Blogger standards, I have committed any one of the following violations, to which I staunchly disagree with.


1. General inappropriate content.
I was going to post this picture taken from a trip Rob and I took years ago to a remote, undisclosed island off the coast of Australia.

But, I didn't.

I didn't because I found this picture offensive.
As my mother has always said, it is rude to point.


2. Copyright/Piracy issues.
I was going to post this picture of this incredibly limber man found on my sister's blog.

But I didn't.

I didn't because I knew I needed to ask her permission before using this photo. I tried calling her for weeks and was unable to speak with her due to her intense screening process. So, I just scrapped that idea.


3. Hate.
I toyed with the idea of posting about my deep distain for mayonnaise


and bananas

But I didn't.

I like to keep my blog as positive as possible so, I left that idea alone.

4. Violence.
Now I may be guilty of this one.

In August 2007, I posted a story about Rob's encounter with this beautiful, yet aggressive bird.

I can see where this bird attacking my husband's stick-like ankles could be seen as being violent.

And, I apologize.

5. Impersonation.
This is another guilty admission.

I posted this picture of Kasey (with her permission) impersonating a cave woman.

Again, I apologize. (Not for the picture, but for Kasey's insensitive decision to inaccurately depict our ancestors for Halloween.)

So, to whomever was offended by anything posted on "Olive-Us", please accept my sincerest apology. I am deeply saddened by any harm or ill feelings this family friendly blog has caused you. I am at a loss for words. So much so, that I have chosen to share with you the following photo which I feel accurately portrays my remorse.




15 comments:

sheena said...

what!!!??? How could someone flag you?!! Maybe I'm a little glad....this is the best post ever....thank you for a good hardy (totally inappropriate) laugh.

Sarah Hull said...

You've got to be kidding me!!! I love every single one of your blogs... especially this one (and the one of rob getting attacked by birds... I think that one made me pee a little).

Mamasita said...

Sometimes is is rude to point..is that Rob in the middle? I laughed really hard, really hard Maybe even harder then I thought because Ryan was busting at the seams when we looked at it together. flag-smag who cares. You will not go down without a fight.

ps dad needs the last picture. Maybe we can shrink it down and put it in a gold locket for him. I can hear him laughing.

Cherri Regnier said...

love the post.
love the pics.
love the tag at the bottom.

LOVE IT ALL!

Kaylynn said...

You go Shawna! This might be my favorite blog post of all time!

Totally Hess said...

I am so confused? How/why do you flag a blog - and how do you know yours was flagged? Please explain to the less experienced bloggers.

Olive-us said...

Oh Lori, it is horrible.
Yesterday morning I signed onto my blog only to find in BIG BOLD purple letters (yes, purple) across my "Olive-Us" header,
"Your blog has been flagged due to inappropriate content."
I then clocked on the message and it directed me to Blogger services and explained what it means to be flagged and that I could be in danger of losing my blogspot.
The thing that bothers me most is that it takes some serious effort to report someone. It's a process. It's not like someone or I, accidentally clicked on the wrong thing resulting in a flagged blog. There are forms to be filled. Multiple forms.
I wish I knew what it was for. There really is no way to find out.
I am just relieved that when people visit my blog, they are not met with the same unfriendly warning across my header as I was.

I wish I knew who did this and why.
Please come forward, whoever you are. I simply want to know how I offended you.
By no means do I want to know your identity for the sole purpose of toilet papering your house.

A Rosie Family said...

Really!!? Seriously? Aren't princesses allowed to be pissed now and again?(loved it by the way) And a little girl can't love her grandpa!! What is this world coming to? I love you blog, your posts and you! Let me know if you find out who it was... I will start stashing my toliet paper!

This post... SPECTACULAR!!!!!

Totally Hess said...

Shawna - I agree, that is very disturbing and a little scary! Let us know when you catch the perb! Good luck!

Kenny said...

you are my hero

(heroine?)

i wouldn't want to offend anyone

Sarah Hull said...

I had to look at it again. and laugh some more.

Hess Fam said...

Rolling on the ground right now! no words other than that! your label? You are really killing me! I'm calling you to laugh with you in person right now!

zuniga family said...

It was me! I was offended a while back that you didn't call me back in a timely manner so I got back at you! Are you freaking kidding me? How can someone flag your blog? People really have no life! I laughed out loud on this one!

kelly said...

I HONESTLY don't remember the last time I have laughed SOOOOO hard!!! tears, tears, tears!
I have even walked away for 5 minutes just to breathe and I'm still crying!

kelly said...

P.S. I can't believe someone would flag your blog! it's the best entertainment around!