Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We came, we saw, we boogie-boarded!

So, roughly 13 of us traveled to beautiful Carlsbad State Beach where for a week, the ocean and all its splendor was our home. We camped in tents, bathed in coin operated showers, shared restrooms with about 100 different campers, and lived off of turkey sandwiches and whatever grub that could be prepared on our portable Coleman grill. Most of our sand covered days were spent at the beach swimming, boogie-boarding, "boating", making sand castles, lathering ourselves in sunscreen, playing Smash Ball, throwing the Frisbee, eating all of the M&M's out of the Costco trail mix, and chasing toddlers. A good time was had by all. I can't wait for next year!
The castaways: Riley, Olive, Eli, and Jackson

Fishing with grandpa

Olive's 1st catch: a shoe.
I'm selling it on ebay.

Everyone building sand castles and trenches

Olive's 1st drip castle (lessons courtesy of Kasey)

"Flamingo"


Dancing to the Surf Gods

Me and my Sue

Professional surfers-in-training

Kasey and Jackson back from their boating trip to Tijuana

Christmas card alert!
Riley, Ryan, Kasey, and Jackson
I gave the cue to "smile".
It looks as though Jackson misinterpreted what I said to be, " lay down on the boat and bury your face until I tell you it's o.k. to get up".

Eli, Derek, and Jennica
The sane ones on the trip

4 comments:

sheena said...

How fun!! You guys are such troopers for having kids at the beach for a WEEK! I love the family pic of the Jibsons....it took me forever to figure out where Jackson was hiding....but then again I'm slow.

Sarah Hull said...

AMEN Sheena. I thought it was just the 3 of them at first too... then I saw a figure on the blow up boat and it all came together! I can so picture that happening.
Those pictures are darling and you all are just the cutest family. I did not hear any crazy stories of water bottles being thrown or too many curse words this year. That's what makes the beach vacation even more interesting.
I just love the Riley/Jibson family like my own.
p.s. that picture of Olive building the drip castle is just adorable.

zuniga family said...

All I have to say, is that Olive has the most beautiful smile. I die over her. You make beautiful babies! I guess I am slow too, because it took me a while as well to figure out where Jackson was! I finally updated, so go and look. Talk to you later! What happened to walking on Tuesday? Thanks for the phone call!

Olive-us said...

Vicki, Thanks for the complements.
As for walking on Tuesday, I went to Taco Bell instead.