Friday, November 9, 2007

Let's Share Recipies!

I enjoy cooking and baking and LOVE eating! On week nights (schedule permitting) I like to prepare healthy, quick and easy meals whenever possible. I am always looking for new recipes and thought a weekly blog would be the perfect place to swap ideas! Each friday I will share a dinner, lunch, breakfast, or dessert idea I have tried and tested and feel worthy enough to pass on. I would love if you would reciprocate by sharing one of your own recipes either under comments or on your own blog (whichever is easiest). So, without further ado, the first idea:

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with a Creamy Honey Mustard Dip
courtesy of Robin Miller and the Food Network

I love this recipe! I love that the chicken is rolled in oats and baked rather than rolled in bread crumbs and fried. I usually have extras which make for a great lunch or snack the next day. Sometimes, instead of cutting the chicken into strips, I cut it into toddler-friendly, bite-size pieces.
Just serve with a salad or steamed veggies and presto- dinner is served!

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken:
Cooking spray
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Salt and ground black pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Creamy Honey-Mustard Dip:
1/2 cup sour cream, regular or low-fat
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a shallow dish, combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add chicken to flour mixture and turn to coat. Place milk in a separate shallow dish. In a third shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, combine parmesan, oats, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Dip chicken into flour and turn to coat. Dip flour-coated chicken into milk and then transfer chicken to oat mixture. Turn to coat chicken (or shake bag) until well covered with oat mixture. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and spray the surface with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes, until crust is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.

To make dip, in a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, Dijon mustard and honey.

Serve chicken with dip on the side.
Some other dipping options I've tried are marinara sauce or low fat ranch dressing. The options are limitless!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

I am LOVING this idea. There is nothing better than a new recipie. I'm looking forward to making this. It sounds wonderful!

Olive-us said...

I guess Sarah and I are the only ones "LOVING" this.
Is this post a Type II Embarrassment?
I sure hope not. (But, maybe commenting on my own blog is!)

Hess Fam said...

Natalie Field just started a blog of recipes. It's http://cookinwithme.blogspot.com/

Hess Fam said...

http://pickypalate.blogspot.com/ is another fun blog. It's my friends sister who just won 10 G's in a cooking contest and is going to be seen on Paula Dean soon. WATCH OUT! Anyway...fun recipes.