Saturday, November 10, 2007

Has This Ever Happened To You?

Have you ever woken up to a new day with your daughter yelling from her room across the hall "Uh Oh!" only to find that she (sometime during her 10 hour slumber) decided it was a good idea to remove both her pajamas AND her diaper?

Good Morning!

Have you ever (after a rough first part of the morning tending to a wet clean-up) decided that a hearty breakfast of pumpkin ice cream would be a great idea only to find that your husband (after a late night binge) has irresponsibly returned your beloved creamy treat back to the... REFRIGERATOR!

I hope he had painful bouts of brain-freeze.

Have you ever gone to the grocery store and found two, cute, little girl scouts peddling cans of mixed nuts and chocolate covered raisins, approach you in the parking lot with the line, "Hey lady! Whanna git yo nuts on?" and then have your daughter (the nudist bed-wetter) repeat that phrase for the next 30 minutes while you shop?

Only in Long Beach.

Have you ever returned from an anxiety ridden trip the grocery store only to find your mother's dog (whom is more important to her than her own children and grandchildren, and that you are "watching" while she is out of town) is sitting cluelessly on your front porch because you forgot to make sure to close the door behind you after you loaded your screaming toddler who refused to sit in her car seat, in your car?

Someone call the ASPCA and Child Protective Services.

Have you ever wanted to crawl back into bed and call it a day before noon?

Anybody know the name of a good shrink?

6 comments:

kelly said...

This is hilarious! love the girl scout comment...I seriously laugh every time I think about it!

and, I did find the ice cream in the refrigerator once, and I was so bummed it was ruined!

zuniga family said...

I totally feel your pain! A couple of weeks ago I found my son, in his crib after a nap, had taken off his diaper and was playing with his own poop! Isn't that a lovely picture? And the nut comment, Are you joking me??? You are right, only in Long Beach

Hess Fam said...

Oh my gosh...I'm laughing so hard! You are killing me with the nuts comment!

Sarah Hull said...

Although not a dog lover myself... I can't help but picture sweet (?) little Roxy on your door step so nervous and scared. I've known that dog for almmost as long as I've known Sandy...so I got a wave of sadness for that dang dog (sorry Kathi).
I hope today's morning went a little better.

sheena said...

I definatley think "whanna git yo nuts" should be your new catch phrase.

sorry you had a bad day, but I really loved reading about it!

Hess Fam said...

Hi friend. I don't know what time you hit the hay so I thought I might be able to catch you here. I am up for tomorrow. I just don't know what's best for you...morn or afternoon? I have to be to practice at 5 and that is my only committment. Call me whenever...I'm up early!