Thursday, February 21, 2008

Let's Share Recipes!

Olive and I made these muffins today and they are delicious! I made mini muffins with this recipe. If you do this, cut back the baking time to 8-10 minutes.

APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped

STREUSEL TOPPING:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F . Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Stir together 1 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, baking powder and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix in oil, egg and milk. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling to the top of the cup.
In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix together with fork and sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

ENJOY!

8 comments:

sheena said...

How weird that Jonah and I made mini muffins today too! Sadly they're almost gone.

Sarah Hull said...

Yum! You are a true betty! It runs through your veins.

Marie said...

Shawna, I met you at Kasey's baby shower in the hospital about 5 years ago. I'm sure you remember me. ha, ha, ha! I'm Kelly's best friend. The really loud and obnoxious one.

Anywho, Kelly reminded me about you and I had to check out your blog....so fun! Now I know who Olive-us is! I too posted a recipe today, we must be on the same wavelength....and we were sick recently too! CRAZY!

Maybe I'll get up the courage to bake some yummy treats when everyone is feeling well and all immune systems are full strength again.

Marie said...

What!!!! I just realized we have the same blog template! I just changed mine this last week while home with my sick kiddos. We are so connected.

Hess Fam said...

Sounds delish! I'm dying at your A.I. post! You're my funniest friend...hands down!

Ash and Christian said...

Hey there...
I'm having some girls over for lunch tomorrow (Tuesday). Bring Olive and something to eat and we're all going to just hang out. Please e-mail me if you're free, and I can give you directions!... a_larsen444@hotmail.com.
Ashley

sheena said...

Where did you go? I hope you're not sick again...

Mamasita said...

I'm done sharing recipes. Bring us the goods.