Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm Not Complaining...

But, I am tired.

REALLY TIRED.

It's Maggers.

She's decided her bedtime routine is no longer working for her.

For the past two nights, my little 10 week old friend has been staying up way past her 8:30 pm bedtime and waking up not once, but twice throughout the night, and sleeping in until about 6 am.

What happened to sleeping through the night?

What happened to sleeping in until the time her sister (awake from her 11 hour slumber) wakes her up by slobbering all over her 25th percentile head, and squeezing her tiny feet dangling from her 95th percentile body (roughly around 7:30)?

Is she sick?

Am I sick? (I am nursing)

Is it a growth spurt?

Is it my growth spurt? (It's a perpetual growth spurt.)

How long will this last?

What can I do??

I will do anything!!

Uumm..... anything that doesn't involve giving up baked goods.

Or m&m's.

Or Barq's root beer.

If you, my fellow blogger/friend/mother/sweet tooth have any suggestions or answers to my questions, PLEASE HELP!

And if you have a good cookie recipe I can try out at 2am after nursing for the 99th time, please send it my way.

Pronto.

7 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Oh I wish I could help you. I have no suggestions. Can I take Olive off your hands so you can sleep while Maggie is sleeping? I'm so sorry your so tired.

Kaylynn said...

Wait a minute - how did you get into my brain and write down exactly what I was thinking (just take away the nursing part) and you have my life too. I'm sorry - Call me next time you're up because I'm probably up too. Gotta love our GIRLS!!!!

Amy said...

Oh Maggers !!!! I thought she came with baby wise already installed !

Kenny said...

I'm looking at that schedule right now, thinking it looks pretty darn great! Sorry, I'm not a good friend...I have no sympathy for you!

Ash and Christian said...

Shea's kind of been the same way. And then yesterday the runny/stuffy nose started. So maybe she's getting sick.

I'm sorry friend... I was up at 2 and 5 last night. We should call each other and chat.

DAD said...

Sounds to me the old program has run it’s course and you need an upgrade to Maggie 10.2 or 11.0. If this doesn’t work reboot, she has a corrupt file and it needs to be updated, or you can call the special hot line #1-800- mom-what-now or the new backup #1-877-dad-no-idea. These highly trained people can walk you through just about any problem you have.

kelly said...

oh man, it's such a bummer when you've got the system down, (and the BABY has it down) and then there's a glitch. I don't wish lack-of-sleep on anyone! soo sorry you are going through that.
I saw baby wise mentioned. it's a blessing and a curse, but loved the sleep routine.

I am sure it's a growth spurt phase and she'll be back to her sleeping soon. we pray.

I can't wait to meet little Maggie! Some day soon!!