Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Infirmary

Last week, Maggie was sick. You name it, she had it. Or, was trying to pass it. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time at home.
Coincidentally, some of Olive's "toy friends" were sick too. As I cared for Maggers, Olive cared for her dear, ailing friends the best way she knew how. I must say, it sure put a smile on my face to enter various rooms of the house and see the following:

"Olive's Doctor Hospital"

Hospital uniforms and gowns are nonexistent due to budget cuts.
"I have to be naked so I can fix you", she would say to her patients.

***Disclaimer*** I promise I was fully clothed when caring for my baby, as was our pediatrician all 3 times we saw him last week. I'm not sure where she got the idea for Olive's Doctor Hospital to be completely nude.


Here is WALL-E. He is resting in his bed. Before this picture was taken she had just given him his "strawberry anti-gymnastics so he will feel like five thousand bucks".



This is Mary Poppins and Holiday Bimbo Barbie flying on their "pig airplane" to visit WALL-E in the hospital.
"They live with Riley and Jackson in Folsom. It's faaaaarrrrr away."



"Libby the Library Princess, Ariel, Eve and baby WALL-E are all sick because they have babies in their tummies. Don't be loud or they will spit up on you shirt."


Finally, Maggers at the end of the week, celebrating her improved health in the "princess wheelchair".


Thank heavens for my sweet Suzie. Had it not been for her funny, yet serious care taking, I would have lost it. That girl is always good for a laugh.
A healing one.

5 comments:

Kenny said...

Thanks for the giggle. Maybe you can send her over here. My kids aren't sick, but I'm often close to losing it anyway.

Sarah Hull said...

That title is too funny!!!
Oh sweet (naked) Olive! I LOVE her comments and the way she thinks!
Maggers in the "wheelchair" was super cute! SO glad she is feeling better.
p.s. it was fun to see Mary Poppins in your home at last!

Mamasita said...

She is such a little helper! Maybe I sometime wish the kids pediatrician did his rounds in his birthday suit..maybe I shoudn't have said that. But, I did, OOps!

I love olive and her tiny highney!

zuniga family said...

Olive is so funny! Maybe when I get sick, she can give me some anti-gymnastics!

DAD said...

WOW, did I Luck out on this one... Maggers in the Princess Wheelchair, she looks a little pie-eyed, must be the Med’s.