Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's Time.

It's time to get serious about something.

Something I think all of my six readers can (hopefully) relate to.

It's my husband.

My loving, devoted, intelligent, hard working, and respectable Robert. As wonderful as he is, there is one thing he is absolutely horrible at. And that is.....

DUN-DUN-NA-NAAAAAAA.......


Dressing our daughters.

Especially, dressing Olive.

On RARE occasions when it is his responsibility to clothe our oldest, the outfit or "Rob uniform" if you will, no matter the weather, predictably consists of the following:

* One of her two, now too small, belly exposing, short sleeved Dinosaur T-shirts

* Ankle-biting, size 2T jeans (she is currently wearing 4T)

* Pink New Balance "running" shoes without socks

All complimented by a finger-brushed ponytail loosely fastened at the nape of her neck.

It's perfection to his standards.


It's a train wreck to mine.

So, the other day when he was begrudgingly asked to dress Olive, you can imagine my utter disbelief when she emerged from her bedroom looking like this:


BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Cute dress with matching tights (which I can't imagine him taking the time to squeeze her sausage-like thighs into), fancy patent leather shoes with her hair down and held back with a headband!!?????????

ALL MATCHING!!

I was astonished!!!!

Elated!!!!

Excited!!!!!

He finally did it! He dressed her in something that I not only approved of but, would actually take her out of the house in!

But, unfortunately there was a catch.

A catch so unbelievable that I will let you, one of my six readers, guess what it is.


Now, where was impeccably-dressed Olive headed to?

A. Church

B. A fancy party

C. A wedding

D. Noah's Bagels


Poor Rob.
He was so close.

11 comments:

Hess Fam said...

DDDDDDD!!!!
Oh how I hope I win...then I could combine your Mervyn's gift card with my Mervyn's gift card (that i still have from when I gave birth over 2 years ago) and we can go on a really awesome shopping spree together! :)
Do you think Kohls will honor it?

Sarah Hull said...

I am screaming!!!!! That is so funny!

D!!! She was the prettest one by far at that bagel shop!!!

I am screaming again at the Mervyn's card and the sucker that wins!!! I can picture it now... they drive up to the empty parking lot, so excited to get some new keds, walk up to the door and break their arm as they pull at the chain locked doors with all their might....

Loved this post and Love you!!!

Trisha said...

She looks so cute though! You guys must get some pretty good bagels.

Trisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mommy melissa said...

hahaha! i can totally relate!!! everytime adam is required to dress madelynne she ends up in clothes that are too small (i don't even know where he finds them!) tennis shoes (no matter the outfit)and her white hanes thick socks pulled up to her knees!!! lol! and he never even attempts a hairsytle despite the fact that i gave him a complete lesson with demonstrations AND practice session! :)

at least i'm sure olive was the prettiest little girl at the bagel shop :)

zuniga family said...

Umm, maybe D? That is so cute! She is a doll. Did they ask her to be a model when she walked into Noah's bagels?

Mamasita said...

hands down 100% Noah's bagel's.
shame.
but as Ryan is quick to point out to me..."then why does he have size 2T pants in his drawer?"

play clothes?

or

when he paints? (paint? when do we paint?)

Kaylynn said...

OK - I'm going out on a limb and I'm going to say a fancy party - something about you southern californians' - you are always partying! (Maybe it was a fancy party to Chuckee Cheese)

Oh and I NEED that gift card to add to the collection of unused gift cards - I always forget I have them!

sheena said...

I want a fancy bagel NOW!!!

Really though, Rob did so good. Dresses are hard. My Rob either puts them on (our child) backwards, and we've also had tights OVER the diaper cover...is that what it's called??

and....you should put the gift card up on ebay...maybe someone doesn't know??

sheena said...

aaaaaaaah!!!!! your talk smells!! too funny!

Totally Hess said...

My daughter also has sausage thighs - and I have a bit of a complex about it.

Olive looks beautiful - no matter what!