Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Our Family Vacation

In honor of Olive's second birthday and mine and Rob's 2nd wedding anniversary, we took a family trip to San Diego. It was amazing! In three fun-filled days, we visited the San Diego Zoo and Sea World twice! I strongly recommend these amazing parks. They were truly fascinating! Olive wanted to take "Famu" back to "Olla's house" and won't stop talking about all her animal encounters..."Pen-wins nice"(penguins nice), "wa-wus ferry" (walrus scary), "mingos tute"(flamingos cute). It was wonderful being able to take such a memorable vacation.

Olive and I admiring an elephant at the San Diego Zoo

Olive and daddy meeting Shamu for the first time

"Ooooohhhh! A fa-shish"

Someone was parched after a long day of sightseeing.This is filled with water, I promise.

One happy, yet pooped family.

6 comments:

sheena said...

Shawna you are the BEST mom for buying every super fun pricey souvenier (how to spell?). Jonah gets squat when we go fun places!

Sarah Hull said...

What a fun trip. It makes me more excited to go to Sea World this weekend. We're leaving tomorrow for our little vacation to San Diego. Your post helped me get more in the mood.
Such cute pictures. Olive is beautiful and so are you!
I've been hanging out with your mom all morning pretending not to know her(because she is with the press). But my mom kept forgetting that and yelling: "hey kat...." It was too much!!!
Keep the cute posts coming. I missed the updates when you were gone.

Hess Fam said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad that you were able to go! Looks like you had such a fun trip. Can we please hang out soon. My client yesterday was telling me about some fun times at the El Dorado Library that they have some really fun times for kids. I'll let you know. Call me to hang...and maybe swim????

Sarah Hull said...

In honor of your anniversary... will you PLEASE blog about your wedding day... on the boat... with the "Soul" parade going on all around you... please.

Mamasita said...

How fun! Shawna, Rob is the best..(I know you had nothing to do with that hat) he will do anything for olive to make sure she has memorable & good time! I miss you guys!! and I know you filled that sucker with rootbeer, slugged it down and then gave it to olive..good thinking.

Olive-us said...

"ryan",
you know me so well it's scary!
yes, I did not have a say in the hat.
it was sprite. They didn't have root beer or else I would have been in the refill line all day.