Monday, December 17, 2007

Birthday Fun!

Last week was a better week for me, sickness wise. And thank goodness because I was able to share in on some birthday fun with two special people: MY MOM, and Megan.
My mom's birthday was last Wednesday, the 12th. (I will not reveal her age in fear of her returning all my Christmas gifts upon hearing the news her age is posted on the web for all to see.) That night she hosted a dinner at her house where four of her close friends came over and we all enjoyed a nice evening of food and pleasant conversation. It was comforting to see that my mom has surrounded herself with wonderful, smart, fun-loving women (myself included).

Megan's 27th birthday was last Friday, the 14th. That morning, Megan, Collin, Olive, and I had a fantastic breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. We had a blast eating the yummiest breakfast buffet while some Disney characters periodically joined us at our table to take pictures and to wipe the excess scrambled eggs and country gravy off our faces.

Collin and Olive by Goofy's Christmas tree.


Goofy welcoming the birthday girl and Collin.


Megan's birthday wish come true: a special "Happy Birthday" serenade from her secret crush Aladdin.
(His two female body guards were there to ensure Aladdin's safety- Megan once had an "incident" with Tarzan that turned ugly- she sometimes gets a little too excited for certain shirtless Disney characters.)


Collin and Olive consumed an entire watermelon.


Olive and Snow White. Olive was SO excited to meet her! She usually is not very fond of meeting characters but was elated to see Snow White. I was seriously holding back tears as I took this picture!


Snow White, Collin, and Megan.


After breakfast we headed over to Disneyland's City Hall where Megan registered herself as the Birthday Girl of the Day.


She received her special Birthday pin....


Then we headed off to Disney's California Adventure where she fulfilled her second birthday wish of getting a free bag of freshly made tortillas from the Mission Tortilla Factory. It was a great day!


I hope everyone had a great week! Now I'm off to the crazy malls to START - yes, START my Christmas shopping. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Funnest post. Thank you for documenting my entire b-day!

Hess Fam said...

Are you going goth?

Sarah Hull said...

WOW, Happy Birthday to ALL!!! Such fun fun, times!
I am in love with Cher, I mean Kathi's hair. Loving her.
How fun to go to Goofy's kitchen for breakfast. I did not even know they were open that early. I love the pictures of the little girls. They are darling!