Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Real Update

I'm finally home and back to my normal routine. These past ten or so days were nonstop fun. Here is what we were up to:

The day after Thanksgiving, Rob, Olive and I hopped in our overly packed car and drove up to San Francisco. This is our third year doing this. It's our family tradition of kicking off the holidays in our favorite city. That night we watched the Macy's annual Christmas Tree Lighting in Union Square from the 21st floor of our hotel then went down and saw it up close.

Me and my Sue

Olive and I at the Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39. She was a little weary of the fish swimming all around her.
"No down, mommy. Shishies too big."

My FAVORITE pizza place, ZA Pizza. It is hands down, the best pizza I have ever had. We ate there 3 times.

Then it was off to Kasey's house where we bounced on her trampoline, ate the yummiest burritos from Rincon, and had a quaint little campfire outside where we roasted marshmallows for s'mores. I think I ate about 5.

The next morning, we all got back in our cars and Kasey and the boys headed home with us. It was great. I love seeing the kids have so much fun together- o.k. maybe Riley wasn't having so much fun in this picture....

The day after that we all spent the day at Disneyland! Both parks are decorated so beautifully. We had a blast!
Kasey's favorite ride is the carousel at Disneyland so, we dragged the kids on and forced them to have a good time.

We met Ariel.
** WARNING**
Objects (to Ariel's right side, holding Olive) in this photo are NOT as stubby as they appear.

The castle at night.

The day after that we all went to the Seal Beach Pier with my dad, where the kids ran to the Ruby's at the end of the pier in 30 seconds flat....

and had ice cream.

Delicious ice cream.

Super yummy ice cream.

And one more thing....

I'M PREGNANT!
I am 7 weeks pregnant! I have visited my doctor and everything seems to be going well. Rob and I are SO EXCITED and can't wait to make Olive a big sister in July!
* That explains all the countless mentions of food in this post.*

6 comments:

sheena said...

YIPEEEEE! Shawna!! I have been waiting for this post FOREVER so I could congratulate you!!! I could not be happier!!

A few things we need to discuss.
Thank you for all your food talk--your blog always makes me hungry.
I find it strange that we like alot of the same baby names....but you call Olive Sue?? Please know that Lucy is Sue more often than she is Lucy. That's weird.
And again, I am so happy for you!

sheena said...

oh my! We just left comments on eachothers blogs at the same time....I think that means we're blogging soulmates!

Cherri Regnier said...

I cannot express how happy I am for you guys! Congrats!!! So so excited.

kelly said...

Shawna! I am so happy for you!!! Olive is going to love being a big sister! Congratulations!!!

Olive-us said...

Thank you all for your kind words.

Sheena- I too call Olive,"Sue" more than I use her real name- "Suzie" when she is in trouble. I don't know why, I just always have.

Cherri-I'm pretty sure I found out I was pregnant the same day you did- that Friday after the luncheon at Sarah's, which means we are probably due around the same time! Maybe we can share a room at Memorial. You bring the Glade Plug In, I'll bring the candy.

sheena said...

Suzie only comes out every now and then. Susan when she's in trouble. And sadly, I can't count the times I've said "Hey Sue"....translating to "Jesus" (and that would be Hay-soos, not Jesus.