Wednesday, December 26, 2007

**Jesus, Please Do Not Read This Post**

O.K.
So, I'm pretty sure I stole from Target.
My mom and I went to Target this morning to hit their "50% off Christmas" sale. We both loaded up our cart and I bought the following:

Various bows, gift bags, gift tags, wrapping paper, an ornament for Olive, a tree topper, holiday rug, earrings, etc.
When I got to the check out, I was mentally adding up my total and expected it to be around $40.
So, when the pimply faced check out guy said my total was $17.40.....
I squinted my eyes, cocked my head to the left and replied, "you mean, $70.40?"
"No, ma'am. $17.40."
I handed him a 20, waited for my change, and with smoke trailing from my Target cart's wheels, peeled rubber out to the parking lot and drove away.
I'm not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight, but I can't wait to wrap next year's Christmas presents.

2 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Go see your bishop! :D

Sarah Hull said...

I could not even write a comment after I read your Target post... I had to get into the action myself! For the past 3 weeks, shopping for Christmas at target the bill comes out to some crazy price! SO yesterday, I fill my cart up and look at all my loot and then say to myself: "Oh, what have I done?? For sure this is NOT going to turn out as well as shawna..." And then, just like you said, the price came up on the little screen and I just smiled as I slid my card in. What a treat! Although, I did feel as if I had earned it because of what I had to go through in those isles. For some reason, everyone that typically shops at Wal*Mart decided to show up at the Target 50% off sale.. it got a bit out of hand.