Tuesday, April 15, 2008

CRAVINGS!!!

They are back and stronger than ever!
I can't watch t.v. without salivating over every commercial pushing various snacks, cereals, dinner items, Restaurants, etc. Even zip-lock back commercials catch my attention because I want what they are storing inside. Lucky for me, these days fresh fruit is a must, especially strawberries. Which brings me to the first item.

#1. Strawberries and fruit dip

My fingers are permanently stained red from all the strawberries I have been eating lately. Sarah gave me the tip of buying them from the Thacker Farm's strawberry stand, and I am telling you, they are the sweetest, juiciest strawberries I have ever had. Too bad Rob and Olive have yet to partake in this mouth-watering phenomenon because I refuse to share.
And those strawberries with this fruit dip is out of this world!

Yummy Fruit Dip
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Jar Marshmallow
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Curd (from Trader Joe's)

Just mix the ingredients together, refrigerate for 1-2 hours, and serve!
This recipe is great for parties or in my case, a party of one.


#2. These heaven-sent peanut butter cookies. They take two minutes to make and are DELICIOUS! Sheena so generously posted this on her blog back in August, and I reference the recipe at least twice a week.

FLOURLESS Peanutbutter Cookies:

1c chunky peanut butter
1c brown sugar
1 egg
1t baking soda
1/2c chocolate chips

Bake at 350* 8-10 minutes.


#3. Hummus dip and carrots.

It's a crunchy, and salty snack that I can indulge and not feel guilty if I eat it all. (maybe gassy, but not guilty!)


#4. An ice cold strawberry lemonade and corn dog from Hot Dog On A Stick.

With lots of mustard. And 19 napkins. And maybe a bib.


#5. To my doctor's dismay, anything chocolate!!!

See's candy, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, in fact all the mentioned above covered in chocolate would suffice. I want it, need it, must have it.

I hope, once again, I have inspired my many readers (I think it is up to 7 now) with my cravings for the week. And in return I ask you inspire me by answering the following question....

WHAT ARE YOUR CRAVINGS FOR THE WEEK?

4 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

I am loving your cravings and still dying over the thought of you at Hot Dog on a Stick!!! Who would have ever guessed!??!
I am struggling with a 2 week long Jelly Bean craving. I need to get my butt over to a real candy store and pick out the good ones because the grocery store package just doesn't cut it for me.
However, my major craving these days has been Super Mex bean and cheese burritos with a mr. pibb b/c their ice (at the Cypress one..worth the drive, just for the drink it self) is that wonderful tiny, crunchy kind. Ella and I hit up Super Mex at least once a week and we are both licking the beans off the plate once our burrito experience is over! Dang, where are my keys? I need one right now!

Kenny said...

I am not ashamed to say that I have made a lunch trip to the Cerritos mall just because I needed hot dog on a stick. Today it was a costco hot dog and coke ( i love their coke, about as good as mcdonalds). Really, I don't have hot dogs as often as it seems--especially while pregnant. Anyway, my one big craving is chocolate. My favorite ice cream, of course (nice and chocolatey), or just chocolate milk and chocolate chips right out of the bag when I don't have anything else. Funny, I was always more of a caramel person...

zuniga family said...

I am not pregnant so I haven't been having any cravings lately. So are you saying you want your birthday dinner at hot dog on a stick and then head over to see's candy for dessert. You are the birthday girl! Just for the record, you beat me on readers. I think the most comments I have ever had was 5!!!! Big whoop! you are way more popular than I am!!

sheena said...

I want nachos with everything (real cheese, sorry Kasey)
The biggest gooeyest chocolate cake.

right now.