Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Productive Saturday

Since Rob had this Saturday off, we decided to have a "Spring Clean Up Day" by sprucing up the front yard.
I went up to Home Depot and bought some flowers, red paint for the door, and other miscellaneous supplies. When I returned, we changed into our grubby clothes and put Olive, I mean, ourselves, to work.

Olive priming the door grey with paint brushes from her private collection.


While waiting for the first coat of primer to dry, she came outside and helped throw dirt everywhere, I mean, helped me plant flowers.


After a couple of hours of hard work, here is the end result.


The front door and porch:
Before


After


The right plant bed:
Before


After



The left plant bed:
Before


After (The photo refused to rotate, sorry.)


We had a great day with wonderful results. Now, if I can just remember to water everyday...

5 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

WHOA WEEKEND WARRIORS!!!!
Watch out HGTV!!!
Do you happen to know my obsession for red doors? I make bryant promise me all the time that one day I will have a red front door. I am now in love with your door with a hint of jelously. The flowers look beautiful too! You girls are such hard workers!

Hess Fam said...

OH wow! You have been so busy! GREAT curb appeal! I can't wait to see it! Looks like you had a fabulous trip too. I'm glad you're back and can't wait to see you this week!

Cherri Regnier said...

I too love red doors and productive days and spending time as a family! Sounds like you had a perfect weekend.

Ash and Christian said...

I too, like Sarah and Cherri, LOVE red doors. Maybe it's a girl thing. There's the most darling yellow house in Belmont Shore with a red door by our condo. When we lived there I almost knocked on their door to ask when they were planning on selling... that's how obsessed I was.

Talk about a productive weekend. I just sat around and made my belly bigger by eating. I was informed by my lovely husband that he thinks I'm getting "too big, too fast." Thanks, hun.

Mamasita said...

Wow!! It looks beautiful! How many contractions did you have?