Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just A Thought....

So, the Lakers lost tonight.

My husband is sulking.

He is literally walking around the house muttering senseless things to himself as though he suffers from Tourette's Syndrome.

"mmmmnmnm......Lakers.....mmnmnmmnm....blow a 24 point lead.....mnmnmnmmnm......B*L*E*E*P!"

Then a break.

"Babe, I'm going to bed. Lakers lost. Love you."

"mmmmnmnmnn......"B*L*E*E*P !! mmmnmnnn.......COME ON, KOBE!!


I don't recall reacting like that when my favorite American Idol is voted off, or when I don't get the final question on Jeopardy right.

I guess it's yet another unexplained mystery of the differences between women and apes...I mean, men.

9 comments:

DAD said...

Some things are best just left alone, I to walked around saying RACKUS FRACKUS, 24 POINTS, Rob I to am in total disbelief, RACKUS FRACKUS............

Hess Fam said...

Wait...I didn't know that Matthew was at your house last night? Hmmm...our nights were strangely similar.
Thank you for your AI comparison. really funny.

Cherri Regnier said...

Same thing happened at my house last night. Same exact thing.

Ash and Christian said...

I guess I should be kind of grateful that my hubby's not a Laker fan. But what can you expect when you marry someone from Utah?

Sarah Hull said...

I have never heard my husband curse until last night! I seriously could not believe the monster he turned into because of a stinkin' game! Then at the end of the night, he was like "I'm sorry.... it's just that the Lakers...."

I didn't even want to hear it!

Thank you SO much for this post so I know that others are going through the same thing.

Can they PLEASE just call it over and give the dang rings to the celtics! I don't want to go through another night like last night or three nights ago or...a few days before that...

Mamasita said...

Lucky for me Ryan is not a Lakers fan... But help me figure out this mystery...Why would you watch the entire game and then right after the game watch SportsCenter for the highlights? Such a waste of time.

DAD said...

Kasey, we watch sports center so we can make sure we got all the pain we can handle in. It also confirms why we got angry...RACKUS FRACKUS....Lakers

kelly said...

this post cracks me up!!! and makes me soooo grateful that we are pretty much sports-clueless around here.

I love reading all of these funny comments!

A Rosie Family said...

Wow I am having the worst deja vu rigt now!