Monday, July 7, 2008

Reality Check

Oxytocin.

This is the lovely hormone raging through my enormous body, which is thought to be responsible for "maternal attachment and the uncontrollable urge to prepare one's home for the arrival of their offspring".

Nesting.

Nesting???

I am beyond nesting!

I am currently in a robot-like Oxytocin haze, with no end in sight.

I would love to elaborate, but I have to power wash my roof, detail both cars, steam clean the wood floors and carpets, remove dust-bunnies from under the beds and on the blinds, Windex all the windows inside and out, fix the air-conditioning, organize the garage, re-landscape the back yard, paint my neighbor's house, and shower, all by bedtime tomorrow.

p.s.
Has anyone seen Olive?

7 comments:

Kenny said...

Want to come over and pack up my house while I sit on the couch with a giant Cherry Coke and happily watch So You Think You Can Dance over and over again?

zuniga family said...

I am just glad you finally got your baby ticker working! If you need a cure, you can come and mop my floors!

Totally Hess said...

Come to my house too! I'll watch Olive and you can nest! I have not cleaned like that since I was about to have Shelby - so there are plenty of bunnies at my house.

sheena said...

my nesting is so different than this. I shop like there is no tomorrow....but not fun shopping. I stock up on EVERYTIHNG. toilet paper, paper towels, bobby pins....you know--the staples.

when my DR. thought Lucy was coming early and told me to "take it easy", I went to Target and spent $200.

next time I hope I just clean.

DAD said...

The Harley needs to be detailed, lots of chrome, this will keep you active for about 3 to 5 hours and I will bring everything you need to get the job done. Do I need to set an appointment.

Hess Fam said...

thank you for updating and making me smile.
i wonder if men could ever 'nest'? NAH...we're not that lucky!

Hess Fam said...

Why can I not comment on your OC fair funniness! I love your guts and your funnel cake buns!