Thursday, July 31, 2008

Two Week Update

As you all know, on Tuesday July, 15th, we welcomed Maggie Riley Garcia Guillen into our family.


Her stats:


She brought Olive a "big sister" gift: A Sleeping Beauty dress complete with sparkly pink sandals and a book about sisters. Olive was beside herself!


Us three girls together for the first time.


After a lovely three day stay at St. Mary's Hospital, Maggie and I were released and anxious to return home. Daddy and Olive made us a nice card to welcome us back.


On Sunday, we all headed over to Seal Beach as per Olive's request, to ride her new "pincess bike in Seal Beach in a bikini". After much discussion, we were able to compromise a summer dress over the bikini for a strawberry ice cream from Cold Stone. It was a great first outing as a family.


Then on Wednesday, the four us us decided to join my dad, Mr. Ian and the Jibsons on our annual trip to Carlsbad. We spent three fun-filled days on the beach swimming, making sandcastles, laughing, and nursing my one-week-old (I'm actually the only one who did any nursing. One of my dad's arm moles may have made it into Maggie's mouth while he held her, but that was just an unfortunate accident.)







Our first family of four photo. Not so sure it's a framer, but it does make me smile.


Now, we are home, and we are loving Maggie in our lives. It is as though she has been here all along. She is very mellow and just a joy. I love every second I have with my girls and am so blessed to be a mother of sisters.

8 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

So fun to see new pictures. Love that you went "camping" with a one week old! Way to go sister! You look FABULOUS!!! Seriously, you show no signs that you were just full on 9 months pregnant two seconds ago!

Kenny said...

I've been waiting for you to post! I can't wait to see you and your girls when you're up for a playdate.

DAD said...

For the record Maggie DID NOT nurse on my arm mole. Thanks to Shawna, Rob, Olive and Maggie plus Kasey, Ryan, Jackson and Riley and Mr Ian and his family for another great week on the beach, it has been truly awesome to watch Shawna and Kasey grow up on the beach and now watch their kids go through this fun family event . Thank You

ali said...

ok. the arm mole. sick.

Now the family is another story! SO darling. a family of four. doesn't it seem weird?

and you look GREAT!

Hess Fam said...

You little beauty! I love that fun post of some of Maggie's firsts! I'm hoping that I get to see you tomorrow...I'll be calling you!

Totally Hess said...

I am so excited for you! I have been waiting for this post - you get some serious brownie points for beach camping with a 1 week old baby! Can I bring you some chocolate as a prize and hold your sweet baby!

zuniga family said...

Yeah! I am so excited to see you today! She is adorable and I love the family photo.

kelly said...

your sweet growing family looks so happy on the beach! you are super woman! I love to see your new pictures and hear about your adventures! congratulations on a beautiful new baby. Maggie is such a cute one!