Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Special Shower

This Saturday I was spoiled by my sweet friends with a baby shower. It was a lovely afternoon complete with delicious food, great company, and adorable baby gifts. Here is a group photo of all of us, and yes... your eyes do not deceive you, Kasey flew into town to attend this special day.


My beautiful mother, my enormous self, and gorgeous Kasey.


When Kasey and I returned home, we had a fun time rifling through all the gifts and doting over how great everything was. I held up this swimsuit to "oohh" and "aahhh" over how cute and tiny it was....


When I spotted this little beauty in the crotch...


You know, as a soon-to-be-mother of a newborn, I sometimes worry about the dangers of say, SIDS or what vaccinations to give my precious one or breast-feeding vs. bottle feeding. But never did the possibility of a freak case of infant Venereal Disease contracted from a swimsuit ever cross my mind.

Maybe I'm not as ready as I thought I was to be a new mom again.

6 comments:

DAD said...

Happy that you had a great time with family and friends, good to see you sorta got away from it all. Now baby VD that is really sick. The CDC # is 1-800-you-perv

zuniga family said...

That is so gross! Why would they do that? But at least the suit is cute! I had such a blast!

ali said...

No joke. Last week I pulled out a new suit for lucy to wear and I ripped that sticker off thinking, "why the H do they put this thing in here?" Do babies even try on bathing suits for size? It's not like they need the perfect cut to accentuate their boobs and minimize their rolls. seriously.

oh and in case you need mormon decoding "why the H" means "why the H@!*"...oh see...i just can't say it.

Mamasita said...

Fight VD in all ways possible! I had such a good time. Thank you for letting me stay with you. We did a lot in 36 hours!

sheena said...

I'm DYING. thank you for the photo of the STD guard. what a waste of paper!!

or are you supposed to try swimsuits on your infant before you leave the store? have I been doing it wrong?

Shawna you are so beautiful and glowing!!!

kelly said...

What a fun shower! you ladies are so beautiful and look so happy!

Nasty tag...I swear they didnt' have those when Emily was little ...why would they need them now? sick!