Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Mommy, I Wa-na See Cinderella"

Olive's very important mission on our last trip to Disneyland.


Daddy: "Wow, Olive! You met Mickey Mouse!"

Olive: Smiling and looking behind Mickey, "I don't see Cinderella."



Mommy: "Say Hi to Ariel, Olive. She's so nice!"

Olive: Starring worriedly at her beautiful, sequined tail and shaking her head, "I don't want Ariel, mommy."

Ariel: "Beat it, kid!"

** Awkward photo of the awkward moment lovingly captured by my husband. Maybe he was the one I should have introduced to Ariel.**



Mommy: "Olive, it's Woody from Toy Story! He's playing with your Cinderella piggy bank!" (Purchased only because at this point in the day, Rob and I were certain the plastic piggy bank was the closest she was going to get to Cinderella.)

Olive: Happy for about 30 seconds (hence, the picture), then a sudden, "No, that's mine!", as she reached to free it from his freakishly large hands.



Finally, they meet.

Olive is giddy and shaking with excitement. She has a permanent grin as Cinderella talks to her and tells her how pretty she is.
Rob stands beside his "princess", beaming with joy as he watches her meet her idol (of the moment).
I, overwhelmed by happiness and pregnancy hormones, snap as many pictures as I can of this incredible first meeting through weepy eyes.



After a good minute or so, we say our "good bye's" and "nice to meet you's" and Olive gives Cinderella a huge hug. I step
forward to collect my elated daughter, when Olive finally breaks her silence:
"I go potty in the toilet!", she beams.

"Oh, how nice!", Cinderella responds.
Then Rob, Cinderella, and I all look at each other and laugh.

It was a great day.

4 comments:

zuniga family said...

Seriously, I am not trying to creep you out but Olive is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. It's like you can't keep your eyes off her. I feel sorry for you when the boys start liking her! She is adorable! Can she please marry my son? He would be so lucky!

Hess Fam said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa...were we both there yesterday? Tuesday? If so...I'm so sad right now. However, I think I'm in for the treat. I've got Visiting Teachers coming over at 10:15 and then drop off Collin at 1:30. Help me time manager? Is that do-able?

Mamasita said...

Can Rob get off Mickey's back? Mickey looks like his about to give one to Rob in the ribs. You are a super model and Olive....I want her.

sheena said...

agreed. you are a supermodel.