Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

So, today was the day Sarah and I were to load our girls into my car and drive up the I-5 for 430 miles to Kasey's house.

Cue the rainstorm, 50 mph wind gusts, hail, and snow.

The following is a picture of what we would have been driving through: a winter wonderland known as The Grapevine.

Now, as of last night, The Grapevine is closed due to snow and "black ice" on the roads. Had we just decided to forget the warnings from our husbands and Cal Trans, and hit the "open" road this morning, we would most likely be stuck here:

.... shopping for souvenirs and making friends until the weather cleared.

"Excuse me, ma'am, oh, I mean sir, do these leather chaps come in maternity sizes?"

Sorry, Kasey.
It's just not in the cards this week.

6 comments:

sheena said...

I am so sorry!! That is the worst....I know how excited you girls were.

But thankfully you will not be sliding off the road with 10 kids in the van and two pregnant ladies waving on the side of the road for help.

and please tell me that place is not for real.

Mamasita said...

I will take the fattest rain-check! I'm glad you stayed! I can only imagine what you guys would be doing at a random Carl's Jr......Sarah would be demanding to get to the front of the line for her much needed Mr. Pibb and you would be in the corner throwing up while Olive and Katie get lock jaw from playing on those nasty indoor "playlands"
smart choice.

zuniga family said...

I know you were looking forward to that. I am so sorry for the both of you!

Sarah Hull said...

tears, tears and more tears... but then I got a big smile as I've watched the news and the grapevine is STILL CLOSED!!!

I say we face our flying fear.. wait, I just got nervous gas.. hold on, I need to run to the bathroom....

"ryan" some how we will find a way to see you. I'm not giving up! How much are train tickets? I'm going to put Katie in seat 1-A and I'll be in 26-C. I need a break and she will be in heaven giving all the strangers around her an ear full. Shawna- you'll just be in the bathroom the whole time from all the shaking and Olive and I will be happy drinking our juice/soda. yes please.

Mamasita said...

next week? really...

sheena said...

sorry, but I just have to laugh every time sarah says "ryan"