Saturday, May 3, 2008

Attention Caramel Fans....

You need to make this.
Right now.

CARAMEL FROSTING:
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 milk
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
1. Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in the brown sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add the milk, stirring all the while. Return to heat and bring to a boil again.

2. Remove from heat and allow to cool until lukewarm (approximately 20 to 25 minutes). Stir in the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth and cool enough to spread. You might need to add a few drops of milk if frosting gets too stiff.

I smothered this caramel goodness over an apple spice cake I made (pregnancy craving #619). It is divine.
I would frost sugar cookies, vanilla cake or even chocolate cake with it. I would add it to sandwiches and serve it over pasta...it's that good.

3 comments:

Mamasita said...

I love that you said "divine" Who are you? Yummy recipe . Can you make it for Jackson's B-day? I will just stick a few of his plastic sharks on top.

Big_Stallion said...

Very interesting blog. I've always written off people that did this sort of thing as desperate for attention - but, I'll change my opinion, as of this moment. It was great to catch up with you by reading your blog - I am sure that you left nothing out (if you included a pic of Olive's bowel movement - I doubt that much ended up on the editing room floor). Thanks to you and your sister for including pictures ca. 1981 - its not often that I laugh that hard.

The world's prettiest 10 year old (Annelise) and I will be in Orange County July 30 to August 2 - can't wait to see you all.

Love,
Ken

Hess Fam said...

You are not allowed to post these DELISH recipes anymore unless you are planning on bringing them to my house!!!