Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Totally Beachin' Weekend

To beat the 199 degree heat this weekend, Olive and I spent a lot of time at Seal Beach. Last week my mom moved there, literally across the street from the beach. Although I will miss our old house, being this close to the beach isn't so bad.
Here's a run down of all we did.
Woke up at 7am and 15 minutes later, with Nemo buckets and sunscreen in tow, we were out the door.


We played in the water.
Olive enjoyed jumping over the shore break while I swam out to the tankers and swam laps around them for exercise.


After our water fun, we relaxed in the sand and soaked in some unhealthy rays.


It was wonderful enjoying all the beach has to offer. But most of all, it was nice being able to spend quality time with my mom. I definitely look forward to the summer, more so now, than ever.

4 comments:

Totally Hess said...

How fun! Why did your mom move - did she sell her house? And if so why did she not sell it to you or Kasey or me??

Olive looks beautiful at the beach just like everywhere else! Love that she wears sunglasses!

I love soaking up the sun, not matter how unhealthy - it feels so good!

Olive-us said...

Lori-
My mom moved into her boyfriend's house and is renting out her house.
Thankfully, it is still in the family.

Totally Hess said...

Glad to hear it!

Hess Fam said...

What a little beach babe. Can't wait to join in on your beachin' fun!