Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lucky Me!!

Guess what's back?

MY SHREK FOOT!!!

In my case, one of the many joys of being pregnant (in addition to the nose bleeds and vomiting) is swollen feet. And it gets better. As I discovered when pregnant with Olive, my right foot swells about 20 times larger than my left foot. And it has wonderfully reappeared with this pregnancy.

Oh joy!

In addition to my outrageous weightgain, my Shrek Foot does wonders for my self esteem and overall appeal to my husband. He just can't keep his hands off of me! (Nervously wrapping my legs in Ace bandages in hopes of controlling the swelling.)

Since appearing this past Monday, I have decided instead of tears and layers of heavy socks, I will take a different approach.
I am going to adjust my attitude and embrace the Shrekness that has been bestowed upon me from the heavens above.

In fact, I think this photo of my "foot" should be used on my baby shower invitation.

Or, better yet, on the baby's birth announcement. Right next to a a beautifully shot portrait of her precious newborn face.

For now, I will be proud of my ballon-like figure and Shrek foot by wearing cute, body hugging summer dresses with these comfy shoes.

10 comments:

ali said...

i am laughing my face off right now. I should not be so bold as to comment on your blog since I only know of you through sheena, kelly and kasey, but I don't care.

That foot is hilarious! I am glad to know that I am not the only one whose feet grow to enormous proportions. in fact, when I was preggers I wanted to blog my cankles too, but my husband forbade (is that a word?) me not to. I thought it would be thereputic for my self-esteem.

ali said...

oh and by the way...my sister-in-laws in-laws called her shrek when she was pregnant. that didn't go over well.

zuniga family said...

I seriously thought that was your foot! I was shocked!!!Luckily I read the sub note! I was dying of laughter. Now I want to come and see the foot!

Hess Fam said...

From fat feet to tears. Oh how I love reading your blog entries. You make me laugh and make me cry. I love that every white horse is Traveler. Do you want to come to AZ and ride our white horse? The white one just happens to be the 'kid' horse!

kelly said...

that foot is CRAZY! and I am glad you noted that it is not really your foot...I was feeling soooo bad for you. and I was trying to figure out why you didn't have a cute pedicure, as I'm sure you do.

I know about the swollen legs/foot thing. Flying for 12 hours while pregnant with the twins was the prefect recipe for Shrek Legs and feet!

Totally Hess said...

Show us your real foot and let us decide how freaky it is!

I also loved your first post - it made me cry and I think it is even sadder at my stage in motherhood when you realize that your "first" who used to be your best friend once upon a time would rather not speak to you most days.

Enjoy every moment - and can I come over and hold your new baby when she gets here?

A Rosie Family said...

You are seriously one of the funniest girls! I feel your pain with the swelling feet thing... I had two "shrek" feet. My husband finally asked me polietly one night if I could "move my feet" (out of sight) while we ate dinner while sitting on the couch! AND while getting one last pedicure the girl told me I needed to decrease my salt intake! Are you freaking kidding me!! Hang in there and enbrace thoes big lovely extremities!

Kaylynn said...

At least your ankles swell up during the pregnancy - when people know why your feet and ankles are swollen - something about giving birth makes my ankles swell (worse than that picture I swear) so with no pregnant belly to go along with the ankles I get to walk around with excess baby fat and swollen ankles - Let's just say I hate the first week after birth. Can't wait to see you next week.

Mamasita said...

Lori is serious about holding that baby...take advantage of it! That was really awful. Don't hold out on all the pregnancy joys your body goes through...skin tags, moles, veins. I just gave you 3 new things to blog about! Your welcome.

sheena said...

i can't wait to see you!! shrek feet and all!